Partnering schools to achieve their aims
With a long history of providing high quality curriculum and extra curricular activities we deliver more than 20,000 activity sessions each month to schools across the UK. This amounts to more than five million visits a year, each one enriching the curriculum in every one of the thousands of schools we work in partnership with.
Our delivery, training and ethos is carefully planned with the help of our Educational Specialist, who has developed sports leadership strategies in partnership with the Association of Physical Education, the Youth Sports Trust, Sport England and Sports Coach UK amongst others. In addition we are an accredited training provider, meaning we deliver qualifications and skill the work force.
As a founding member of Ukactive Kids we continue to strive for excellence in the schools sector and have been actively campaigning to raise the standards of delivery within a school environment for every child and every school, whether we are the deliverer or not.
All schools seeking an outside partner will want to be assured that they are getting the best possible service. Each member of our team is trained to exacting standards. In fact we have national accreditation to coach the coaches/instructors. We help set the standard for the industry and meet all of the following criteria.
Minimum Standards of Deployment
- Recognised National Governing Body (NGB) Level 2 Coaching Certificate in a sport (Premier Sport)
- Hold the IDTA Teachers qualification or are working towards their Teachers qualification (Premier Performing Arts)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children Certificate.
- Enhanced DBS (CRB) Clearance.
- Emergency First Aid Certification.
- Full Insurance Policy.
- Public Liability - £5 million minimum.
- Product Liability - £5 million.
- Employers Liability - £10 million.
- Professional Indemnity - £5 million.
We are also:
- Assessed by Ofsted accredited inspectors
- A Ukactive Kids Member
- Annually assessed as part of appraisal and performance management with termly professional development.
Premier Education Group recently sent out a survey to schools to evaluate what you think of the services we offer. We have collated the results into an infographic which you can download or view here...
Commenting on the worrying statistics, Olympic gold medallist and Premier Sport ambassador, Duncan Goodhew, said: “It doesn’t seem right that we regularly measure numeracy and literacy skills in school children but we don’t regularly measure something that could potentially kill them!”
Premier Sport published new research alarmingly revealing that only 10% of children are doing physical activity in every day with over a quarter of parents believing their child is not doing enough and 60% are worried about obesity levels in their children.
According to the Independent’s article, new research has shown that there is a “concerning” number of today’s four year olds who are not physically ready to start school and their mobility levels are at an all time low.