Ages: 5 - 7 Online Price: £54.00 Offline Price: £59.00 Remaining places: 0
This course is aimed at children between Year 1 and Year 2.
This course is available at a discounted rate as it is already underway. The discount will be applied during the checkout process.
For all kids that love SPORT…
Many children have ambitions to play for their favourite teams or to set out on a path that might lead them to become the Olympic stars of the future.
SPORT Active introduces the skills, techniques, rules and regulations of a wide variety of sports and activities, from basketball to gymnastics, football and many more. Typically run in 60 minute sessions after school, all children are encouraged to take part to a level that suits them and through which they can see their skills develop into superstars of the future.
An essential part of training for all sports is learning to compete fairly and to win or lose with respect for other competitors. Children participating on this course will also learn to:
- Develop key skills and techniques of specific sports
- Develop the ability and attitude to compete fairly and ethically
- Use tactics and strategies to increase chance of success individually and in teams
- Understand the importance of healthy lifestyles
- Engage and interact appropriately with other children
- Improved control, coordination, balance, agility and flexibility
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with others
- Ability to follow rules and respect themselves and others
- Set realistic challenges to achieve
At participating venues Children attending these activities can also work towards a Passport to Learning certificate, developed by the Children’s University.
Multi Sports club for children in Years 1 & 2. During the club children will take part in and learn the rules for a range of sports including, Dodgeball, Hockey, Cricket, Tennis, Football and more. All children will receive a certificate and there is a chance to be Star of the Week and receive a trophy to take home for the week.